A decade ago, Equitable Origin was founded based on the personal experiences of the organization's co-founders with oil and gas development and Indigenous communities in the Ecuadorian Amazon. Since then, Equitable Origin has been working to strengthen Indigenous rights and improve social and environmental performance in the energy sector. Read about our journey and accomplishments in our ten-year anniversary report in English and Spanish.
Some of the highlights include:
- the Resource Hub to Strengthen Indigenous Rights
- a Connectivity Pilot Project and development of e-learning modules in Mexico
- work on FPIC-360°: Strengthening Free, Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC)
- the EO100™ Standard for Responsible Energy Development
- key partnerships, and
- the next decade: Connectivity, Educational Modules, “Mingas”- Workshops.