How can we ensure that energy development works for the people and the planet? How can we improve outcomes for local communities and ensure they can share the benefits of development? How can we ensure development activities minimize negative impacts on the environment? We need your feedback on the EO100™ Standard for Responsible Energy Development so that it reflects current industry best practices and stakeholder expectations on social, environmental, and ethical performance of energy projects.
Our online survey is available for anyone to submit comments for a period of 60 days from August 1 to September 30, 2016.
In the revised version of the Standard (based on input from the first public comment period), there are five Principles:
- Corporate Governance, Transparency & Business Ethics
- Human Rights, Social Impacts & Community Development
- Indigenous Peoples’ Rights
- Fair Labor & Working Conditions
- Climate Change, Biodiversity & Environment
Each Principle includes several Objectives that establish benchmarks for measuring and verifying performance of an energy project at the site level. The EO100 Performance Rating System™ includes Performance Targets for each Objective, which are used to evaluate conformance to the EO100 Standard. To download the full list of revised Performance Targets, click here.
Do you think the Objectives are feasible for implementation? Are they in line with international standards? Are they applicable to your local context? We invite everyone with an interest and/or expertise in energy development to help answer these questions and make the EO100 Standard even more effective.
The EO100 Standard has become an international benchmark for responsible energy development. You have the opportunity to shape the content of the Standard and be part of the process to improve it.
- Sign up for our webinar on Thursday, August 11th at 11am EDT to learn more about the latest version of the EO100 Standard and how you can participate during the public comment period.
- Submit your comments through our online survey. (Para la versión en español, haga clic aquí.)
- Download a side-by-side comparison of the EO100 Standard version that was developed for the first round of public comment and the current version following incorporation of stakeholder comments. (Para la versión en español, haga clic aquí.)
- Contact us to schedule a one-on-one interview via phone to log your feedback: [email protected]
Please get in touch if you have any questions: [email protected]